Saturday, November 18, 2006

VENTULANING

At the dinner table tonight, Mr. Man was asking Big J about her piano lesson. She’s very excited because she now gets to play “Old MacDonald” with both hands together!!! Previously she has expressed concern and frustration over playing with her left hand – as it just doesn’t play as well as her right! When he asked her about how her left hand was holding up playing together, her response was quite interesting:

“My left hand just can’t play very well by itself. I can play fine with both hands together; but when it’s just my left hand alone it’s just much too ventulaning.”

Mr. Man’s eyes flew out of his sockets and he said, “Can you repeat that word? Mommy do you know what that word is?” (Apparently going through his mind was: “Wow there are so many strange music words – I have no idea what they mean!”)

Big J explained while giggling, “Sometimes I just make up my own words to explain what I’m meaning... it’s V-V-V-V-Ventulaning, starts with a V and ends with an N.”

So there you have it. I’m quite proud actually. I went through several semesters as an English major trying, with my fellow students, to invent new words our professors wouldn’t pick out as made-up! Ventulaning may have just been successful. It sure was tonight!

No comments:

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...