Friday, November 03, 2006

Rabbit


I had a Bishop once who testified of the reality of the Books of Winnie the Pooh. He promised that if we would read, we would learn many of life’s lessons from these simple stories. He also insisted that many of us could easily compare ourselves to the characters and in turn learn how to work together and get along with people of all different types of traits and demeanors. Ever since he said that, I’ve been convinced that I’m Rabbit. Anal, annoying, demanding, bossy, a neat-freak, organized, craving order and alone time. I’m not proud of it, and have even tried to watch Winnie the Pooh looking for myself in a more likable character, such as Pooh or Piglet, perhaps even Kanga. I have no hope of being a Tigger, and no desire to either – holy hyper! Eeyore is by far my favourite... but what else does that say about me... I’m depressed and gloomy? Who knows? All I know is, that the other day when the kids and I sat down to watch “Pooh’s Heffalump Halloween Movie” (which scared the daylights out of them) I kept hearing myself talking when it was really Rabbit. Seriously freaky. Which character are you and why?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis,
I know you think you're like Rabbit, but i disagree. Of all the characters on Winnie the Pooh, i think that you're like Roo. You're imaginative, open minded, always looking out for your friends and family, kind, playful, and always trying to have a positive attitude, even when many others would be very pessimistic. I just thought you should know that in the eyes of your brother, you're Roo, not Rabbit.
Kyle

Laura said...

I'm Kanga. My nickname has been "Mom" since junior high...

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...