Monday, November 20, 2006

Cousins

We will be having a lot of family in our home within the next week – several cousins for the kids to enjoy also! One cousin has already arrived... here’s a quick exchange between the cousins that made me laugh:

Little E: “ndanpunpumpninacashusisotten” (one of his favorite stories to tell – translation: “And Dad put the pumpkin in the trash cause it’s rotten.”
Cousin G: “What did you say? I couldn’t understand a word you said.”
Big J: “He’s telling his story about the rotten pumpkin.”
Little E: “Ya! Ndanpunpumpininacashusisotten.”
Cousin G: “What are you saying? I don’t understand anything you say!”
Mr. T: (concerned) “Are your ears working?”
Cousin G: “Maybe I need to clean out the ear wax.”
Big J: “What’s ear wax?”
Cousin G: “It’s the yellow stuff in your ears that tastes gross.”
Big J: “Oh. Right.”
Little E: “Oooooh, ucky!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was too funny and had me laughing at the end of a long and wonderful, but tiring day! I could relate as your brothers try to understand my Dutch cousin and sometimes I am forgetting to translate! As the busyness picks up speed for you this week - continue to treasure these priceless moments!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...