Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Car Troubles

The kids and I are taking an unplanned trip for a week. Being unplanned, and since Mr. Man took all the time off he could from school work last week, I'm having to be a "man" and get some little things taken care of on my car - well, take it to the shop to get taken care of anyways! I feel like such a dumb woman when it comes to vehicle talk and was even more humiliated today when the mechanic was a female and I couldn't answer all her questions! I had her laughing when I admitted to being a totally stereotypical female when it comes to cars though! When I picked up my car from another shop last night, Mr. Man told me that "if they tell you it needs more stuff fixed, just play dumb and tell them you have no idea, you're just here to pick up the car, and they should call and talk to your husband". While insulting, it also hit it right on the dot.

Mr. T had a hard time turning our keys over to a stranger today and was ready to cry thinking we wouldn't have our car anymore! It reminded me of when Big J was about his age the summer before we moved here and our engine blew. We kept having to have our car towed away, and that was incredibly traumatic for our little three year old who suddenly became very attached to our vehicle for no reason known to us. Maybe it's the age?

So wish us luck, pray that we don't have a flat tire - and have no need of Mommy turned mechanic or any towing that will result in desperate separation anxiety that even magic medicine can't heal!

2 comments:

Topher said...

Good, I'm not the only weird kid to cry about something like that. In 1980 when our washing machine went out and my parents ordered a new one. The Sears guys came with the new machine, and hauled out our old one. I cried and cried because they took away part of our family. To this day I've remembered how sad I was, but until today didn't know it was a normal reaction. That or your kids are weird, too, but I think we're normal.

Anne Marie said...

Hope your car is back in service. Car problems are so annoying.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...