Friday, February 29, 2008

Therapist, anyone?

Mr. T: “Look, these are the kids. And they tied the Mom up. Now they’re going to shoot arrows at her and cut off her legs with the ax and KILL her.”
Little E: “That’s the Mom?”

Mr. T: “Yeah, and they tied up her mouth too so she can’t tell them what to do… and she can’t breathe and she’s going to DIE!”

Little E: “I don’t want the Mom to die. I’m going to save her.”

Mr. T: “You can’t save her. Maybe you can. You have to know how to play this song to save her, and you don’t know how to play piano cause you’re not four, so you can’t save her.”

Little E, very distraught: “Why do they want to kill the Mom? They NEED to untie her!”

Mr. T: “They’re bad children. They won’t untie her, but YOU can save her if you skidoo into the page. You just have to say, “Blue skiddood, and you can too”… watch, let’s do it and jump into the page to save her.”

Little E, walking away: “I’m just not going to look at it anymore. It’s WRONG. I’m making a good choice and just walking away from the wrong!”
Mr. T: "I'm going to sit right here and watch the Mom DIE!"

16 comments:

Stephanie said...

That's so funny, I laughed out loud!

Net said...

Good choice Little E, get away quick. That was so funny! Those two are hilarous!

Laurie said...

Your boys are so funny! What a horrible picture to have in a piano book though.

Lori Garcia said...

LOL! You have to love boys. It's funny how they interpolate that the person tied up is the Mom. I can see my Mr. E saying the same thihng as your Mr. T. Is Mr. E taking piano lessons? Wow. That's impressive.

Lori Garcia said...

I meant to say, is Mr. T taking piano lessons?

Michelle said...

this made me laugh out loud! totally hilarious! your kids have such incredible imaginations - all due to a great mom who fosters them! you know, my husband is a child psychologist...hahaha.

Hope said...

Hahaha thanks for the laugh!

singin'mama said...

So funny! I marvel at how you can remember every detail of what they say! I need to start carrying around a notepad or something because I always forget the funniest things by the end of the day. By the way, how is big J doing?

Anne Marie said...

Hilarous! Your kids definitely have unusually rich imaginations!That picture is so funny.

Rachel said...

I have learned from my own experience as a mom and as a primary teacher, kids truly say the darndest things! A little boy in my primary class today told me, "my dad says my mom beats me." I hope I'm not missing something, but I know his mom, and this is highly unlikely (fingers crossed).

Rachel Clare said...

Oh my gosh- this killed me. What a picture! No kidding Therapist!! How disturbing for a little kid! And how cute are your boys?

Amy said...

I think that is so funny. "that is just wrong!" I laughed so hard! Where did he get the word "skiddoo?" Did he make that up or is that something you say? Why on earth would they have such a picture like that in a piano book?!

Unknown said...

This is priceless! I am going to die laughing! Kids provide such interesting glimpses into their minds... :)

Jenn Baird said...

Conversations like that are so fun to overhear. And don't you love the things our kids tell each other.

Unknown said...

Piano book illustrations for children will now go through censorship by children...who would have thought!!

Funny yet with a reality twist on being mindful of even the simple drawings on a child's mind.

Well captured as you always do.

Dad

Sarah said...

I was laughing out loud the whole time! What BOYS!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...