Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Six Months

20 lbs

29" long

100% adorable

My love for him will never stop growing!






It’s bittersweet to have a baby who is half a year old. Time flies, and yet it also feels like he has been a part of our little family for so much longer. I have loved seeing the kids interact with this cheerful little man. The boys would never have had the opportunity to really experience being an older sibling without him… and oh how they do it so well. Miss J adores him to pieces and at the end of the school day they are both squealing with delight to see each other again! Baby J is smiling and giggling all the time. At any sound of music, whether it’s the piano, someone singing or “Who Let the Dogs Out” blaring on sister’s cd player, he is dancing and grooving! I now get to practice piano daily, with him on my lap loving every minute of it. The boy goes nuts when he hears his Daddy serenade him (either in person or on the phone)! Not only is he cheerful and musical, he is also a future English major! The boy LOVES books. He will sit for so long for reading, but also, loves books over any toy. Place six random baby toys or items in front of him and one book, and he will grab the book first every time! I could go on and on about this sweet bundle. He keeps me busy, and loves to be loved, but my little meatball is such a joy!

(Thanks to Joy for the beautiful pictures she managed to capture! She took over 200 and it was hard to pick just one for you to enjoy… so you got several! I’m now dedicated to starting his one year scrapbook before it gets any closer to his one year!)


7 comments:

Shauna said...

Where does the time go!?!?!? I can't believe he is 6 months. Precious pictures of you and your little ones. :)

Anonymous said...

'Mothering' is the very BEST career! I'm so glad you've chosen it--you are enjoying the rewards! Jacob is a great finale!

Dana and ohana said...

I love those chunky--chunky cheeks! He is so dang!

singin'mama said...

Being a mother agrees with you. You are so beautiful! He is a darling little thing! I'm starting to see Tyler's cute little lips on him. Time certainly does fly! Too fast, I think.

Laurie said...

He looks like he fits right in with all the others! And I love that he likes books! I've never had a boy that liked books. Very cute pictures! He is such a cute baby!

Rachel said...

Love the pictures of you with your little munchkin! 20lbs at 6 months is mighty impressive! My Kate is nearly 18 months and about 19lbs. I missed out on chubby kissable rolls with her!

Anne Marie said...

Oh my goodness! He is absolutely adorable. Those pictures are fantastic. And you look so beautiful as his mama!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...