Thursday, February 17, 2011

Home Sick

It's been a week. Man oh man. I know we're ALL super busy people, and it's boring to hear what other people are busy doing all the time, but this is MY blog and I want to look back and know what I did in all of my busyness.

Sunday was a good day. I got lots of things checked off my to-do list, fulfilled my calling to the best of my abilities, and even had a decent family home evening. We also had people over for dinner. This is huge for me right now. We used to LOVE having people over for dinner and games all the time, but it's been months and months and months since I could even wrap my mind around having people over. So I took the plunge, invited, they accepted and came and it was good.

Of course I had forgotten that I had also invited the LDS missionaries over for dinner on Monday (for valentines day) too... and two days in a row of company was a little too much for this recovering mama.

Other than that valentines day went without a hitch. Mr. Man thanks my math professor for assigning a probability and statistics exam for the day after valentines day... since the odds of me spending any time with him were quite low. However, we are planning a big ALONE trip for the near future which should help increase the probability of romantic time alone.

Tuesday: school, exam, taekwondo, dinner, baths, books, homework, start studying for another midterm.

Wednesday I mostly studied for my midterm today, then of course the kids had an early release day so I took them with me to run a couple of errands for Mr. Man's blue and gold cub scout banquet. Which we set up and attended last night from about 5:30-8:30. It was a great time. Mr. Man is so good at what he does, and all the boys just loved it. It's just that it cut into my studying big time. We came home, I let Mr. Man do bedtime while I got in an hour or so of studying before getting a migraine. Yup. Awesome night.

I woke up this morning not wanting to wake up. But my head was feeling better, so I popped some more pills before taking the bus to my mid-term which I hopefully aced. More classes, then the call in the middle of one of my classes.

We have a cell-phone that we hardly use. So when it rings (or beeps in my case) I usually know it's either one of the kids' schools, or Mr. Man. Since Mr. Man knows my class schedule, I knew right away it was the school. Mr. T was feeling sick and throwing up. I can't tell you how relieved I felt knowing that I had a valid excuse to cancel the rest of my day. Does that sound horrible?

I picked up the preschooler, the sickie and we've come home to just BE HOME. The sickie isn't THAT bad (don't think I'm too horrible) and is loving cuddling up and watching Star Wars, with the green puke bowl beside him just in case. The preschooler couldn't be happier, and we are busy playing doctor with big brother while having a PB&J. I was pleased as punch to email my professor to apologize for missing a class (that I really did NOT want to attend anyways), and it's just the perfect ending to a busy chaotic week. To just be home.

1 comment:

Anne Marie said...

I completely know what you mean. "Sick" days are a blessing sometimes. We've had a few of those ourselves lately, and it is a relief to just spin inward and cancel everything else and just "BE" together. Blessings to you, friend.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...