Monday, February 28, 2011

Gender Discrimination

One of my classes I'm taking is focusing a lot on our innate or created biases, and how we can attempt to comprehend those possible prejudices and still maintain equality as a teacher in a classroom. It's been quite interesting for me to look at myself and my preferences and then to learn more about differences: different cultures, socioeconomic statuses, genders and disabilities.

And so it made me laugh to walk in to my bathroom the other night and know immediately that a boy had been there! What do you think, am I too quick to judge?
At least I'm aware of my prejudices. That's the first step apparently.

2 comments:

Scott and Tisha said...

Too funny-this made me smile

Lily said...

I am playing catch-up with your blog. I am so gald you are going through everything before me and writing about it. I love your humour, honesty, creativity, compassion, wisdom- I just adore you. As always, thank-you for sharing your life and beautiful family. You are an inspiration.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...