Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Mittens

I love me some mittens. To this day I refuse to grow up and wear gloves.

January is also a fun time to do all sorts of mitten crafts and activities. We will be spending a whole week having fun with Jan Brett's "The Mitten" for kindergarten as well. (Just google Jan Brett The Mitten and see all the fabulous links that will take you and your kids to amazing realms of learning and activities!)

I saw this cute idea over at Clover Lane and decided that my Christmas-decor-put-away house needed some smallish winter decor as well. My mittens aren't as cute as hers because I put my little kiddos to work making them, and they learned some good button sewing and stitching skills too. I think they turned out adorably. Today we got much more snow, and the view from my mitten window was darling (not so darling when I had to sport my mittens and SHOVEL it all). I was trying for all shades of blue for our little felt mittens, but The Toddler insisted on making a green one. And I've learned to pick my battles.


Memory lane found these sweet posts about mittens from winters passed:
The Mitten Curse
Four Year Old Insight

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

dang...those are super cute.....what if I get sucked back into crafts because of your cute ideas and pictures? :)

Rachel said...

Thank you for your comment. I added the link onto the posting to that bread. I have made 4 loaves now since Saturday (it's so easy and so tasty)and tonight I tried using maple syrup instead of honey...we'll see. You should wander around soulemamas blog. you'd love it! soulemama.com She is one of my role models, big time! Have a great weekend!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...