Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Strength Training

2010 is the year I will turn 30. Somehow this knowledge has made me much more committed to physical fitness. And really, as someone who really has not been a big fan of exercise, I'm extremely proud of myself for my efforts and success thus far. Since New Years, I refuse to shower before I exercise. So if you see me in my gnarly old sweats and a pony tail at 1pm, you know the work out has yet to be had. And it WILL be had. But I hate that. Not the old sweats and pony tail, but the no shower thing. So it's been a bit of a motivator. Also I feel stronger. THAT is a HUGE motivator. Exercising makes me think twice about that second hand full of m&ms (always gotta take the first or it's not calling living), and so I've also noticed a change in my weight and size... another motivator. Little E will often ask me why I have to exercise, so I've pointed out the fact that I'm going to be healthier and stronger and who doesn't want a healthy and strong Mom?! Happy may be a factor too.

At any rate, my two little guys have taken to exercising with me. Sometimes for a few minutes, other times for a good 20 minutes or so. They make me laugh - which can be hard when you're trying to work on your abs! They've taken to leaving out cans of food that they use for weights, their jumping jacks are so freakin' hilarious, and the commentary is to die for. The other day, The Toddler pointed at Jillian (from the 30 Day Shred) and said, "I be him... he bad guy!" Little E had no choice but to choose who he was from the "sidekicks." Another time, the DVD was encouraging me to keep on going even though it was hard, and Little E shouted back, "This is NOT hard!" Oh to be five again.

It's been fun working out with my little guys, and I think that the humor they bring to it is strengthening our little buddy-hood as well. Love it.

PS- George Lucas is nuts during exercise time. I sometimes have to lock him in my room to keep him from jumping on my pony tail or attacking my legs! He is the craziest cat... is THIS move even remotely normal?

3 comments:

Carla said...

i love it! that's so great! i've been so slack lately. so when i snap at chloe for something stupid, she often says, "maybe you should exercise mommy." And she likes to join me.

Shauna said...

Go you . . that is awesome. I need to recommit to the whole exercise thing. It is true. .I am a healthy happy me when I do a video or two. . .

Arseneault Family said...

You're TOTALLY inspiring me with your workout wonderland girl!! Go Marjorie!! I've tested the "30 waters" for 3 years now...going on 4...and it's wonderful!! You finally get the respect for the maturity that you have because your now in your "30's vs. 20's" - even though I was just as mature...I'm sure you can relate! Anyways...your cat, once again, is HILARIOUS!! We've seen our cat do some weird moves too!! CRACKS me right off!! Maybe he's been doing some yoga behind your back??!!! LOVE him!! André & I had a good laugh at that one! xo

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...