Friday, August 21, 2009

Our Hike

The Goal: to hike to the "M"

The Participants: 2 Moms (one completely out of shape), 2 toddlers, 3 big kid hikers, 1 jogging stroller

Fuel: fruit leather, homemade granola bars, water... lots of encouragement

WE MADE IT!

(See the M in the background! The kids were sort of thinking it would be a standing up M or something and were a bit disappointed to just find rocks!!! The view, however, was breathtaking... what breath I had left!)




The View: see our little town...


The hike down was a bit more of an adventure as we took a wrong turn and encountered steep clifs and lots of what the kids called "rock climbing". We sang praises to the pioneers and were happy to find our air-conditioned vehicles waiting in the parking lot below. It was a great time, and I'm so glad we did it... and am thankful for a new friend for both Baby J (he really needs a new name on this blog) and myself. We already have another adventure planned for next week - right before school starts!
Yeah for fresh mountain air. And showers... for when we get home!

6 comments:

Amy said...

How fun! We often see those letters on the side of mountains but never thought you could hike up to them!

I am so glad that you found a friend. I wish I was there to be your friend:)

Laura said...

I'm very impressed! Getting used to high altitude hiking can be a killer.

The Enslingers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Enslingers said...

Too many spelling errors in the first attempt...:) Anyway, Umm...Was I the mom you referred to as "out of shape?" :) You can totally see that to be true as I am the one that is ever so red faced in the picture! Okay maybe it was both of us....It was totally awesome how we held a fun conversation between spurts of trying to catch our breath..Good times! :)

Kristy said...

Great job! My kids always ask about the letters on the mountain, too. I'm not sure we would make it all the way there! :)

Topher said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...