Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Final Days of Summer Break

So I've become one of those mothers who can't wait for school to start! This has been the LONGEST summer break for us EVER... and we are all getting on each others' nerves and ready to have a little dose of seperation. School starts tomorrow for the two eldest,and I think we are all ready. See my plans:
They are ready to go to school, Little E is excited to have a little less competition and bossiness around as we enjoy a few days of just him, Little J and I.

We spent most of the day up in the mountains, taking a beautiful drive, pincicking, and taking a small hike up to a gorgeous (icy cold) waterfall. The kids loved all the exploring they could do. Little J wasn't quite himself (those two year mollars are harassing him) but was happy for a bit when he could throw some rocks into a ravine.


Tonight we had our special back to schoool dinner. Followed the beautiful example of NieNie and have a school year theme too. Miss J helped me create this:
We had a scrumptious dessert and father's blessings... followed by baths/showers and preventative morning rush preparations such as lunch making and outfit choosing. All my children are read too, sung too and tucked into their beds. I love them so much when they are sleeping. We'll see if I cry tomorrow or not! I've had three children at home for sooooooooo long, it will be a whole different story to have three in school. I'm excited for the new chapter.

2 comments:

Jodie said...

May I ask for some of the recipes from your meal plan?? :) I'm always needing new ideas so I made sure to check out what you're having this month. :) And ever since you brought us the corn chowder I'm convinced that you are the best cook in America. :)

Can you email me recipes for the sausage tortellini soup, creamy spinach ravioli, and chicken tortilla soup?? Please? They all sound delish!

jheiselt (at) gmail (dot) com. Thanks!

Laura said...

That hike looked unbelievable!!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...