Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Playdates

I’ve been really bad about playdates for about the past year, and especially this summer. My kids are built in playdates for each other and really play well together (most of the time) and so I’m lazy and don’t often make the effort anymore to invite others into our fun. (I used to really schedule weekly playdates for each of my kids!) Plus I have this baby who wonder of all wonders still takes two forever long naps. And if he doesn’t… yikes! So we’re home a lot having quiet indoor fun or outback fun, just us. And I don’t think they’re deprived, though I sometimes feel guilty about the lack of friends coming and going in our home. I’m a big believer in the fact that you only have so many years to choose your children’s friends (I think a teen might be a bit horrified if Mom were to arrange a “playdate”) and so I do choose carefully, and it seems that choosing my children’s siblings to be their friends has been working out for all of us.

(Even poor sick Miss J giggled over this!)

8 comments:

Kendra said...

your kids are so socially deprived. you better watch out or people are going to start thinking you're a homeschooler... oh, wait... siblings can be friends too?

cute video.

Anne Marie said...

What a cute scene of brothers having fun together! I love the baby's laughs. Your kids are so lucky to have each other. I do hope Miss J gets feeling better pronto.

Jodie said...

Oh my cuteness!! I could just eat baby J up!

Jennifer said...

Sadly, I still do try to make "playdates" for my teenagers. I just have to be a little more creative and not call it a playdate but a "party with food" :)

libbie said...

thats so cute. i am so jealous of your baby's two long naps. that has got to be so nice. i also wish that my two drama queens would play together without fighting and telling on each other every two seconds. so hurray for you! signed, envious libbie!

Mamabug said...

Those 2 boys look like they could be twins. Thanks for sharing the video - it made me laugh too!

Lily said...

Ahhhh, that was so darned cute:)
Hope you guys are enjoying the summer.

Laura said...

Anneka loves this video! She came up to me while I was on the computer and said, "I wanna see the one where the boy makes his baby laugh!" Now she is crying to see thier swimming pictures again, gotta go!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...