Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Moment

My kids were "bored" today, but I was prepared. I set them up with an activity outside and then proceeded to get some items crossed off my to-do list. I could see them and most definitely hear them right out front. And then it was quiet. Too quiet for too long. I looked out and the three of them were gone, their supplies staring up at me blankly without any clue as to where they were. I ran around back to check and back to the front where I prepared to start shouting when I saw them. My moment of panic quickly dissolved into a tender Mommy-moment as I watched them dragging and hulling our elderly neighbor's trash (which I had seen sitting in front of her home earlier but had done nothing about) down the sidewalk to the trash bins. They saw me watching them and waved and then Little E started YELLING loudly: "We're doing secret service, Mommy! We're doing secret service!!!" No longer a secret, but definitely sweet service.

10 comments:

Kyle said...

That is beautiful! I must say that you have raised them well and they have sure got the "service" part down but will have to work a little on the "secret" part.

Kristy said...

Wonderful! That is terrific that they already enjoy offering service, secret or not. :)

Shauna said...

Too cute. Looks like you guys are doing a good job! That is so great that they are so excited about service. . .put a smile on my face.

Anne Marie said...

Love it. So sweet. Gotta love moments when kids show that they really have been listening to you.

Michelle said...

that is sooo sweet. what a great mama you are.

Amy said...

How very swwet. I believe that is called a parent pay day.

Hoosier Mama said...

A reflection of some amazing parenting done by YOU! Today when beckham went silent, I found him squirting a bottle of sunscreen all over my bathroom mirror. Joy.

Jodie said...

You're definitely doing something right. :)

The Wilsons said...

What a truly awesome moment--way to go, kiddos (and way to go, Mom and Dad, for teaching them!).

My Many Coloured Days said...

This was by no means meant as a boasting post, I hope you know! Many people have helped shape my children's knowledge and desire for service - last summer being on bed rest was a huge blessing that will have everlasting effects (at least in the service department - my leg will never be beautiful again!)

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...