Monday, June 30, 2008

True, North, Strong and Free

True to my word and in accordance with my 2008 goals, this eve of Canada day I completed my application for my American Citizenship. It is done. The hardest part of the application was documenting all of the dates I have left the country in the past five years. Thanks to brilliant journaling and keeping all of my yearly planners, I did it. In the past five years I have taken 10 trips out of the country totalling 148 days (one trip included an entire summer). I'm sure you can guess where I went for these travels, as I don't have a single stamp in my passport! For those of you who have known me since I first entered this country, you know what a big step this is for me (KAI!), but I have also come to love this country and its rich history and the people within it. However, we will still be celebrating Canada day in our home tomorrow!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Congratulations! I got goose bumps reading this one. And of course you should celebrate Canada Day!

Anne Marie said...

So exciting! Congrats.

Amy said...

I just love your blog, even when you are venting. Waiting for DOctors can be extremly frustrating! I can completely relate to your feelings of anxiety and frustration.

Congrats on filling out your papers for Becoming an American citizen. I still remember making you write a list about, was it ten or five things you liked about America? SO funny! I am glad you got to experience more than just Laie!:) I will make sure Kai knows about your big step. ANd Of course you should never stop celebrating all your Canadian holidays, A.
Miss you!

Hoosier Mama said...

... but not fireworks with the sayer's ... booooooo ! joking, you know we would love you guys whether you are canadian or american!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...