Saturday, June 14, 2008

Herbie

Since summer break always brings back all sorts of memories of summers past, we've decided to culture our children with some of the movies we grew up watching (plus I'm a little sick of "Star Wars" over here). Last week it was "The Love Bug" a Walt Disney classic! The kids were rolling with laughter and it was fun to watch scenes I hadn't seen in years. Baby's J's little car has now been named Herbie of course, and here's a little scene of my love bug:

What movies did you grow up with?

7 comments:

Jenny said...

The Neverending Story...ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah...The Neverending Story! {That was me singing the theme song to my all time favorite kid movie} When I go back and watch it with our kids I just laugh and laugh at the special effects technology (or lack thereof)!

PS-I don't remember seeing The Love Bug. I guess I'm going to have to check that one out for our fam!

Hoosier Mama said...

Parent Trap - the original. I got it for the boys a month or so ago and ty is still singing, "let's get together, ya ya ya" This is one of my favorite oldies!

singin'mama said...

Of course the Herbie series. But our all-time family classics were Disney's Robin Hood, Jungle Book, and The Apple Dumpling Gang.

Kristy said...

What a cute little dancer!

I liked "The Cat from Outer Space."

Jennifer said...

We tried this one summer too. Very fun!! How about Island on Top of the World? Or Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

Anne Marie said...

Thanks for the reminder about the Herbie movies. We'll have to check those out with my boys. I loved Swiss Family Robinson, the one made in the 60's and the Shaggy Dog (the old one).

Net said...

We used to watch an old Disney movie called Brat Patrol, over and over (it was recorded off the tv, so I am not sure you can even fine it anymore) and most of the above mentioned.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...