Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Camping according to the Kids' Journals

Miss J: We went camping Friday and Saterday. A racon named arjay was there. I left chips and [Mr. T] left a stering (string) with a stik stuk in the grand (ground). Wile we wher asleep I herd munch munch. And He ate the chips and he undid the trap! It was so grose. (referring to her picture of the bathroom with all the flies in it) The end.
Mr. T: This is a lantern. Cause we got one from going camping. I was looking at the light so I could see. RJ ate the chips last night. I love camping and I like to see raccoons. I don't like poison ivy.
Little E: This is poison ivy. I like the fire. I like camping.

Fire vs. Poison Ivy... hmmmm...


The bold raccoon Mr. Man lovingly named RJ (from "Over the Hedge")

RJ up the tree after we spied on him eating our "neighbor's" snacks and dog food.

Oh, the yummy camping food!
Cooking our dinner. Steak, carrotts and potatoes. Yum. And no clean up either.



Yummy tin foil dinner - she made hers fries!
Stick gathering for the fire was a constant chore.
Intent on setting a trap with some string they found on our campsite.
Working on the trap.
Trapping. And yes, all of that behind him is poison ivy. We brought a bit home with us!

9 comments:

Kendra said...

mmmm... i love foil dinners.... with keilbasa.... mmmm

Kristy said...

What a fun time! I need to take my boys camping, too. But first, I need to find out what poison ivy looks like. Good job getting the kids journaling -- like their mom!

Dana and ohana said...

I love camping with the kids! You guys are wicked brave to go with 4 kids.

Anne Marie said...

Great pics of the camping. I love the "traps" made by the boys.

Jodie said...

I love that you had them write a journal about it! Too funny!!

Jennifer said...

Hope you are surviving the poison ivy okay. I wonder why we have to have poison ivy??

Shawny said...

You're making me crave a tinfoil dinner right now! They are the best along with some dutch oven cookin.

Net said...

Life was so much more fun as a kid! Now that I am an adult, I sometimes wish I could go back to those carefree days. Way to make memories.

Laurie said...

These camping posts are making me want to go with my kids. Are your kids barefoot? I love their journal entries.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...