Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Complete

My baby, yes I sometimes call him that and no he does not appreciate this, anyways, my baby mentioned to me today that he thinks we need to have a baby in our family. It breaks my heart that he will never know the joy of having a baby in the home, and will never experience being a big brother. And then there's another part of me that knows how much that would also devastate his world! I got to thinking about how, to him, this is the only family he has known... our complete family will have been his only family. And then the person in me who is freaking out about seeing a therapist started to analyze over whether that gives him a more stable childhood. My thought process then turned to how our family has changed; how rapidly it grew, and how suddenly it has ceased growing, but still continually changing. And now I'm feeling old and all sentimental. Nothing has happened the way I thought it would in my adult years, marriage and motherhood were two accidental happenings that tripped me and I've fallen head over heels in love. Here's that story in pictures:
1999
2001
2002
2003

2003
2004

2005

2007

2008
And yes, I know we're overdue for a new family picture. But when your family is complete... there's no real push! Also when your favourite photographer friend lives too far away... anyways, hopefully this summer we'll update!!! (Our family pictures, that is... not our "complete" family.)

6 comments:

Steve and Donna said...

love all the family photos and you look the same. Even tho' we haven't met- we enjoyed your hubby for a short time on his mission!

Camie said...

It must be a great feeling knowing you are 'complete'! I love how many of those years that I have known you--since before T was born!

Darcy said...

Renee, I just love you! You're family pics are so great! Julia is such a mini you! You have such a beautiful family!

Brooke said...

Wow that sounds so familiar! ;) Sometimes it's so hard feeling old, female and emotional!

Amy said...

I love how you look beautiful and thin in all of your pictures. I have been up and down like a yo-yo through all of my pregnancies!

I love how you said you accidentally tripped into marriage and motherhood and fell in love. For a minute I wondered where you were going with that phrase.:)

Joy said...

Hehe. I love that I got to be at so many of those photo shoots. :) Miss you.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...