Saturday, March 19, 2011

Home Finale

I have sick kids, and have been single-parenting it. SO this post will be brief... but still lovely (to me at least!)

8) Above the mantle. The fireplace is the ugly point of my house, and we have grand plans for it but have yet to tackle them. But I LOVE our handmade frame and map that we have above the mantle. Love pointing out different places in the news, or discussing places we want to travel...
9) Boys' Room. It's a nautical theme, and painted blue - though you can't really tell. Mostly I love their lego table that Mr. Man built them and the hours they spend there (and inevitably all the lego still ends up on the floor). Them playing together makes me smile.
10) My pretty rug in my front entry, and our handsome cat ready to make a run for it when the front door opens.
11) My pretty front door. I adore this door. Recently we've been talking about how to add more curb appeal and color to our home, and painting the front door is so not an option!!!
12) The upstairs hallways - displaying the kids' recent art.
13) My ancestor wall above the piano.
14) The Preschooler's room. He has a big bed, and whenever we have company guests stay in his room. So I wanted it to be nice and bright to still feel like a little boy's room. I should snap more pictures of his bedding and such, but these are the things about his room that make me smile the most: his books, his siblings gathering to build and play, his ABC canvas.

So come and visit, and you can give me some decorating tips while enjoying the current comforts of my home and this oh, so lovely view from The Preschooler's room.
Thanks for meandering my home with me.

8 comments:

Scott and Tisha said...

Wow all these pictures make me Gilpin sick- as in I miss you guys. I can't wait for a trip to see you guys before the Big Move. My children miss your children and I miss you and your beautiful home! Thanks for your post it also helped me to look around and appreciate what I have!

Kyle said...

Thanks for the tour! Your home is truly a home, not just a house. You guys are amazing!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! And I love how the gift we gave you for Christmas blends so nicely in your ancestry wall!

You truly have a gorgeous home and I, too, am becoming Gilpin sick - miss you guys. <3

Steve and Donna said...

My whole living room is dedicated to ancestors. I love antiques and so it was fun to decorate and have them be a part of it.

The Wilsons said...

Love the tour of your gorgeous home. You truly have many special places to love! Thank you for sharing!

Roy Saunderson said...

I enjoyed being able to reminisce from my recent visit the end of January to your home - the family photos are a treasure - as well is the joy of seeing ALL that Lego!!

Amy said...

I actually really do want to come visit you. Would you be willing to host us? I love so many things about your house but I think your ancestral wall is my favorite and a close second is the map. I have always wanted a large map on display:)

Net said...

Loved seeing a few things I recognized, but most of it is new. It looks great.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...