Friday, April 01, 2011

Survival

I feel like I have been in survival mode for so long. How on earth do people stay so on top of things?

Mr. Man looked in the fridge the other day and commented on how he could tell it was the end of the month. At the beginning of a month I usually start a bunch of planning and scheduling, it's like a fresh start... and apparently even the fridge and our meals are affected. Maybe it's the fact that it's still butt freezing cold out, though I hate to blame everything on the weather here, but I'm just not feeling it this month.

The countdown is on for the end of the semester. Part of me can't believe I actually went to school full-time. There are still so many random assignments, papers, presentations and exams left in the next few weeks... and that is such a weight on my shoulders on top of everything else that seems to be hanging out there these days.

Wednesday morning I register for summer and fall classes. I do feel closer to having completed a huge goal... and that's encouraging.

It's hard to let things slide in the process. Of course it's inevitable, but it doesn't help that I feel that horrible thing called guilt. Our poor primary should really find somebody who is more dedicated than I am. My poor house used to sparkle, and my children are lacking in the responsibility department because they know their poor old mom is tired and isn't as consistent as she used to be.

I've been having dreams at night about my future classroom, and that's so exciting to me.

This post also probably stems from the fact that I have post-test anxiety today and will be getting back a geometry exam in a few hours. Heaven help me.

The weekend will be hectic and fun and then we'll be back to another week. Surviving.
{I added this picture just 'cause I think these two are the cutest little "orange" haired boys out there}

3 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Best wishes to you while you wrap up the semester! You are doing it! Student and mama. I am proud of you. Times and seasons of our lives....that's what it is. Time to eat a hot dog. A time to make homemade bread. A time to mop maybe once a month. A time to scrub those tubs. Those family pictures are gorgeous. You are absolutely beautiful!

The Wilsons said...

Oy! "Just keep swimming!" :)

You know, you've always been one of those people that I look up to and wonder, "How on Earth does she do it?!? Wow." I always think that, even when you feel like you're not accomplishing what you'd like. But you ARE accomplishing great things. So keep it up!

Here's wishing you a wonderful end to the semester. And I, too, loved the family pictures! SO fun and wonderful!

Amy said...

When you are a full time mom, wife and student, I think you are bound to feel like you are in survival mode. And guess what, that is okay because this too shall pass:)
I hope you did well on your test.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...