Monday, January 31, 2011

Dear Mom, we missed you!

We had a wonderful surprise this weekend. My Dad was working in the "west" last week and made it a priority to stop in and visit us for the weekend. Such a pleasant visit. Of course, we had to fit in as much as possible... but since we didn't do any projects or homework or errands, it was also incredibly relaxing. A mini-vacation for us as well (without the packing)!

After being pretty much run-over by all the kids at the airport, the first thing my Dad HAD to do when we got home was play RISK with the kids. We enjoyed pizza and movie night together too.

Saturday morning we went to a fun little donut shop where the slightly senile owner allowed the kids to make their own sprinkle donuts! Everything was delish, and the atmosphere enjoyable. Next we went to our local museum and then spent the afternoon at an indoor rock climbing center. This was our monthly family outing and we were so glad Dad could go with us - and CLIMB too!







Hot tubbing and movies to help us relax were definitely in order while our ribs baked. Then Dad hosted a party with his grandkids while Mr. Man and I went out on what you (Mom) call a "hot date." We shopped ALONE and then played games with some friends. Heavenly.

Sunday seems to have flown by and then I delivered Dad to the airport this morning. Wish you guys would consider the cute house up the street that's going for a GREAT price!!!

So there you go. The only thing missing from our weekend was you Mom! Everyone noticed your absence, and I even snapped a picture of Little E when he couldn't stand it any longer and called to talk with you. Still it was special to be spoiled by just Dad - I think it was a first!

Thanks for letting us have him.

Love,
your little girl

3 comments:

Roy Saunderson said...

Just got home after 3 hour delay in Denver...but it was worth every minute of the weekend with you guys!!!

Mom HAD to check to see if pictures were up...and she was right.

Captured memories...just no SOUNDS!! LOL

Thanks for an amazing weekend with you all.

Love

Dad

MOM said...

So good to be missed! Thank you again my 'little girl' for taking care of your Dad and giving him so many memories. Love the pictures, I had no idea that my grandson was laying on the floor while we had a wonderful conversation!! Heard a great story from Dad as we drove home from the airport about the CTR Cinderella--too funny :)

Amy said...

I love when my parents come to visti. I wish it happened way more often. How fn for you!
I have wanted to climb a rock wall my whole life!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...