Friday, January 21, 2011

Spring Semester

I've officially survived my first full week of semester two of mature student status. I won't tell you how many credits I'm taking now (it's more than last semester by more than double) because everyone who knows tells me I can't do it, or shouldn't do it... and really I can and I'm going to and I want to get done sooner rather than sanely (or insanely) drawing this process out as long as possible.

I will tell you that my Tuesdays and Thursdays are L.O.N.G. days.

I get up way too early for my waking pleasure and catch a bus a half mile away at 7am.

The bus is a whole entertaining story... my goodness these people are hilarious. I think I may write my first novel about the happenings at the bus stop and on the bus. Surely after a semester's worth of riding I'll have plenty. It brings back so many bus memories from my teenage years too.

At any rate, I have back-to-back classes straight through till 2pm. An enjoyable half hour lunch break that I get to relish in with Mr. Man in his office.

Then I pick up The Preschooler (it is heaven having Mr. Man bring him so I don't have to deal with the guilt of him crying in my presence - he's really fine once I leave) and we find something to do for about a half hour (library, quick errand, naps...) before picking up the big kids from school.

Then we have a mini-break of normalcy - after school snacks and chats and maybe a friend or two before we do the one-vehicle family juggling of taekwondo and ballet drop offs and pick ups that both start and end at the same time.

Then dinner and baths and bedtime... and HOMEWORK for the queen.

I've been crashing as early as possible. Just two meltdowns so far (from me!)

But can I tell you the hardest thing for me to balance on those two long days: finding a new time and location for my morning poop.

I've been completely thrown off.

PS - I don't know why they call it spring semester here, since it won't be close to looking like spring till long after this semester is over.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Hey, I`ll join you in that book of yours! I love seeing different people do random things on the bus, and then everyonce in a while I do something that makes me laugh at myself, so I guess it goes both ways. But what a book that would be!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...