Thursday, January 27, 2011

Before I forget...

My last child has left nursery. He was one of the oldest in the class for quite some time, but still one of the few who would scream and throw a fit every time we left him. Part of us wondered if he would do better going into Primary with his older siblings... and now that he is officially in the Sunbeam class, we get to see for ourselves. Our little Sunbeam (but don't call him that - he'll correct you and tell you he's not a Sunbeam, but he's his name!) is the only one in the primary room screaming and crying for 10-15 minutes... and I'm even THERE! It's horrible, I can't believe this kid. At dinner last Sunday we were talking about our day and Mr. Man asked our Sunbeam how his new class was. He admitted that he cried, but also added that he didn't like his one teacher because he didn't like what she does to him. That surprised me. He has an older couple as his teachers who are just the sweetest people ever. So I asked what was being done - all I ever see is him being comforted, hugged, and spoken to in order to try to calm him down. He told us in all seriousness, and with great animosity: "I cry and cry and my teacher pet me like a dog. I not a dog. I not a sunbeam. I Jonathan! I don't like her petting me anymore!" (name changed to protect my child:)

Cracked me up. Someday I hope he will laugh at the petting and the pain and anguish he caused his parents by crying every time we leave him for a minute.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I must say that mos of the last 6 posts I just read had me smiling from ear to ear. What funny and creative children you have!

I am glad that you are back in school. I know how much you wanted to finish. My mother in law finished school while her 10 kids were in school. I know there were many nights she was up into the wee hours of the morning getting homework finished. I'm rooting for you!

Hey, I actually do want to come for a visit . . . but maybe when your snow is not quite so high:)

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...