Friday, April 30, 2010

Recently

Kids say funny things, and I always think in the moment that I'll remember them... and then I don't. I used to be better at recording these. Here's some of the fun things my kids have said and done recently.

The weather has demanded we have a sit by the fire in our comfy clothes and watch a movie kind of day... just started it and Little E informed me as the previews began, that "This isn't the movie, it's just a P-Q." The Toddler then added, "and then the R-S-T-U-V Mommy." Love them.

In the car ride to school the morning the kids were discussing how there had been a car pulled over by a police officer in the school zone yesterday. All had various tid-bits to add: the car was red, the police officer had a gun, and surprisingly IT WAS A LADY DRIVER. I spoke up for my gender as the three boys (one neighbor) insisted that it was such a shock that a lady would be speeding. "Why, don't women drive fast?" They were appalled, "No!" "Never!" My neighbor had many a story of his dad speeding; none of his mother. It made me laugh, and sort of want to drive fast.

The other night Mr. T came up to me, dressed from head to toe in pirate gear and asked, "Be this the Irish Main, or Bora Bora?" Cracked me up. He remained serious and asked me a second time. I told him, laughing hard, to hold still while I got the camera! (I had just been cleaning out the Harry Potter closet - toy disaster - and had pulled out all the dress-up which became the new obsession of the night! Crazy kids!)

1 comment:

bryceandjamie said...

I love the costumes (especially the pirate one) and the stories made me laugh. Oh your kids are so cute!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...