Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Spring Fling

Check out what my non-crafty self put together on a particularly snowy day this spring. 

Yup.  I even used a, gasp, glue gun, to make those eggs.  And I traced and cut out those letters myself.  No cricut (I wish) involved.  Did you know Easter and Spring have the same amount of letters?  Doesn't Easter sound much longer?  Anyways, I went with "Spring" since it will be in season longer AND to sort of invite it into our home.  We're growing  herbs in those pots, and the kids even had bets for which would sprout first, and now for which will grow the tallest.  They're up high to keep safe from the evil cat, and because the window sills are too close to the windows, which are too close the the frozen tundra outside.  THINK SPRING.

6 comments:

Kendra said...

love herbs! did you decoupage those letters on?

The Wilsons said...

LOVE these. Way to go! They look SO nice!

Ally said...

Very proud of you, Renee!!!

My Many Coloured Days said...

Kendra- I had to google "decoupage". I guess I sort of did :)

Mom said...

The eggs turned out so well! You were making them the day we talked on the phone and I tried to imagine how they looked. Thanks, for the photo--so very unique! Very nice way to brighten up brown flower pots!!

Amy said...

I love it! SO cute- you might have to start considering yourself to be crafty after all!
I have been wanteing to grow herbs- maybe now you have encouraged me to try:)

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...