Tuesday, February 23, 2010

There is Sunshine

This morning the sunshine seems brighter than usual. The winters here are gloriously bright (yes, there is a God even in long winters) and yet this morning as I dragged my weary self out of bed I recognized that it seemed brighter earlier, and then it dawned on me that we will soon be "springing forward" and it will be even brighter still. And that whole "springing forward" thought made me feel like spring may actually make it to our frozen state after all. And now it actually looks warm out there, amidst all the snow and the fact that it's really 4 degrees Fahrenheit.

And so it must be the sunshine in my soul that is making me feel warm, renewed and yes, happy.

I'm nursing a sore throat and headache, a bug brought on by my two sickies yesterday. I'm just waiting for the fever and stomach ache... but for now it's just sunshine warming me inside and out.


I snapped these two pictures yesterday of our "sick day" and they make me smile.  Miss J in her room surrounded by her stuff.  We could make it an eye spy, but I love that she is coloring, has a million books and headbands around her, and just IS even though she is not feeling well, she is so HER!

The boys are enthralled in a Super Why episode on the computer.  I've long gotten over the guilt of needing a half hour show in the mornings.  Once I get through exercising they know it's their time to watch this semi-educational show while I shower and get ready for the day.  Somehow the sight of the back of my boys' heads made me happy and I had to take a shot... then run for the shower!

It's almost March... what's making you happy today?

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am happy just because we are mostly healthy:)

By the way . . . you are one of the moms I am in awe of- if it makes you feel any better. I'll bet I am not the only one.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...