Thursday, February 04, 2010

May I Suggest a Valentine's Gift? {Part 1}

To be honest I cannot recall if I created this visionary idea on my own or merely stumbled upon the idea and copied. It was several years ago and my memory is not so fresh. It's a simple gift, but one used almost daily.

What is it? It's a tool to keep all of your receipts in one place.
How do you make it? Get a wooden heart from your local craft store, paint it your favourite color (or your spouse's) decorate it (I wrote a little love poem and message) and then hammer a nail through the center.

This is an economic gift, in every sense of the word. (Perfect for my economist!) Plus, when you get done balancing the checkbook, it's always nice to see a heart and remember some sweet words about each other, no?!
Send what you would have spent on each other to Haiti instead. 100% of your donation will get there through the LDS church Humanitarian Aid (click on link). Show that special someone how much you love them by saving a life.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I was going to ask what you found out about donating to Haiti.

Cute craft, good web site to donate too:)

Net said...

Cute idea. We took your advice and donated. Thanks for the reminder.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...