Monday, February 15, 2010

Hippy

My toddler had a bit of a rough day today. Not sure what his case was, but he basically was attached to my hip all day. And I realized, as I hoisted this heavy little boy around with me, that I used to always have a baby or child on my hip. And it struck me that those days are numbered. And so I wiped his drippy nose with fondness and took extra care when helping him choose a snack (always a lengthy ordeal) and even read him "one more book" after "one more book" at nap time. Someday I will be old and hopefully one of my children will wipe my nose (if not more), read to me, and help me through my days. God knows we all need someone to help us through our days.

3 comments:

MOM said...

You are a wonderful Mom to realize how quickly these moments fly by. So much better to appreciate these special times, then to wish in hind-sight that you had. Life is much too short to not live in the present!

Amy said...

That has been my theory too- if you take really god care of them, no wait, it is more that that, hopefully if you can shower your kids with affection and attentiveness and patience then HOPEFULLY they will do the same for you when you are in the sunset of your life. I'll let you know since I will get their before you.

Laura said...

I try to "live in the now" and enjoy my little ones, and I don't worry about when they will be older, because I know the thing that comes next is being a grandma, when you get to do all of that fun stuff, and then go home, read a book, and get a good night's sleep!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...