Monday, April 06, 2009

Weather the Weather

Mr. Man called today to let me know he had received an email telling him that it would be in his best interest to attend the award ceremony this evening. He did, and we accompanied him as we did last year... except we left the toddler with some friends so we all could enjoy the event and he could enjoy his evening as well! We are all so proud of Mr. Man's accomplishments, but also recognize the hand of the Lord in helping him with all of his scholastic endeavors.
{it's a "collective effort"}

{this one couldn't quite make it - he was bored to sleep}
{good friend and co-author}
***the photographer there took about a million photos of our family throughout the ceremony, so hopefully we can get some with me in them as well sometime

I was also remembering that last year I wore a skirt and bare legs to this event - some of you may recall my shaving in the car triumph. Today we bundled up in our winter gear since it was SNOWING! I keep telling myself I need to get used to this, since we will be living in an even colder location next year, but the weather report for our new town read 54 and sunny today. Bummer.

{forsythia bushes blooming in a blizzard}


Whether the weather be fine
Or whether the weather be not
Whether the weather be cold
Or whether the weather be hot
We'll weather the weather
Whatever the weather
Whether we like it or not

2 comments:

MOM said...

Congratulations to Mr Man--he's worked hard for this!! How special that you involved the children, as they have watched their Dad achieve this.

Mamabug said...

Congrats!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...