Monday, April 27, 2009

Too tired to think of a title...

Even though I am slowly being “released” from responsibilities – either by others or myself – I still feel like I have more to do on my to-do list than can ever get done before this chapter of our life closes. Of course that’s when life always throws you curve balls too. Last week our computer got a nasty virus. Mr. Man took a few days off his dissertation to combat it, and luckily (due to his brilliance and his insight into having our external hardrive) we lost very little. But I did go a few days without a computer. I know, cry me a river.

The weekend brought another nasty virus to our home – one where the kids have nastiness coming out of both ends and I am up to my armpits in puke and, um, other gross unmentionables. But my home is getting to be quite clean and sanitized! After being up all night with sickness, last night Mr. Man lovingly let me catch a few hours of sleep while he stayed up with Mr. T playing video games until 3am. It was for medicinal purposes only as Mr. T had a procedure this morning that required him to be sleep-deprived with only 4 hours of sleep. Thankfully prayers were answered and he didn’t catch the nasty virus. His MRI went well with only a few hiccups due to his inability to lay still while sleeping (I could have told you that). He needed some heavier meds which caused some breathing issues, but ultimately he did well and we should know in the next day or two if his “bulging lump” is a tumor or a cyst and then the upcoming treatment and procedure. Overall I feel quite calm in knowing that, no matter what, everything will be alright.

Right now we’re all just a little tired. I need to go add “sleep” to my to-do list!

6 comments:

Camie said...

So are you released from your calling?? I thought you might have to serve long distance!!

My Many Coloured Days said...

I am...can you believe it?! Strange though. I went to RS for one week and then happily took on a sub position back in Primary for a bit!!!

Amy said...

Here's wishing you good luck on the tests results and lots of great nights of uninterrupted, blissful sleep.

Jennifer said...

Ah life :)

Jedda said...

we have a tummy hurting this morning, I have yet to see what it will turn into...here's to wishing for no more of that! All the best to Mr. T :) A MRI is NOT fun!

Lily said...

Glad you survived the sickness running rampant in your home. Sending a little prayer your way.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...