Monday, December 03, 2007

Evolving Braces: Charting Growth

Mr. T got his first brace May 2005. His physical therapist described him as very cute and sensitive when he chose hot pink and ponies for the straps. She confided in us that she tried to talk him out of it. We were pretty sure it was his way of having something that his sister would want without her ever being able to have it. The next time his feet grew he chose red (his all-time favourite colour) and race cars. Angie, his PT, told us she thought he was coming into his own. Next it was blue and dinosaurs – the “Land Before Time” stage. Today we were shoe shopping again to fit his newest brace. I hadn’t seen his selection, and was a bit surprised by how “grown-up” it appeared – green with a rock and roll band! I wish I had pictures of all his past braces, but at least I can start documenting them now… who knows how long he will need to wear a brace, but if it lasts into adulthood, this could be quite the evolution! (Note: you can see his hair cutting experiment in this picture!)






Baby J goes in for his 4 month checkup on Friday. I’m guessing he’s at 18 lbs, but we’ll see. He has gotten SOOOOOO big! Here are a few adorable pics my good friend and fabulous photographer took of him recently. His blue eyes are to die for! All my babies have these gorgeous blue eyes and then they slowly fade to my green. Not that green is bad… but look at THESE eyes! (You may also notice he has red hair like Little E!)



3 comments:

Dana and ohana said...

isn't funy what they choose? Always so different but always a pretty good indication of who they were at that moment! *The pics of your little man are great!

libbie said...

Okay, I am so curious why he has to wear the brace? Just nosy over here! Also, you little baby man IS adorable. what a cute kid.

My Many Coloured Days said...

He has flexible flat feet and Trevor's disease -he has an extra bone and floating caritlage in his right foot which causes a lot of pain if it rubs against other bones. Mostly he just gets tired out quickly when he physically exerts himself... the brace helps up to a certain point. If you want all the details, you can search "bone" on my blog! And I agree, Libby, little man IS beyond adorable!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...