Monday, December 17, 2007

X-Rated


For those of you aiding and abetting the stocking stuffing santa, a word of caution. ‘Tis the season of chapped lips and so it’s quite natural to want to pick up some chapstick for the cause – plus it’s cheap and sweet and this way your kids will stop eating, I mean, using yours. For those of you with little boys who adore pirates, the aforepictured chapstick may be calling your name from the shelf… do NOT, I repeat do NOT entertain any notions of purchasing said item. It stinks. Literally. St. Nicholas found and stuffed these little guys into the boys’ wooden shoes. The first day they were in use, I went around smelling my armpits all day – certain I must really smell horrible. I smelled my kids clothes, hair, bodies and the scent lingered on their faces… their lips to be exact (and Little E’s forehead where he insisted his “scrapes” were chapped and needed some chapstick too). Catching a whiff of this “tropical” scent is far from paradise… Mr. Man is known to gag if he gets too close to it. The best description of the smell is a teenage boy’s horrible body odor. Or maybe a pirate. Maybe that’s what they’re going for. Well, it’s up to you, but here’s my warning: if you think x marks the spot … you may end up walking the plank.

6 comments:

Topher said...

You mean my kids aren't the only ones who eat chapstick?

Lori Garcia said...

Thanks for the warning, as we are lovers of all things Chapstick and would have certainly picked this one up, Matey!

That's funny about your smelling your armpits all day, though :o)

Love your cute comments and pictures on your blog!

Kendra said...

thanks for the warning. i hope caleb's "tough abs" cologne (thats really what it's called, no making these things up!) doesn't prove to be as bad. (he begs for andy's cologne all the time) hehe

Kristy said...

I don't know ... now I may have to buy some just to see what all the hubbub is about!

Shawny said...

I'm too curious now and want to smell it for myself. Okay, I'll take your word for it...but still...

Amy said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! That is so funny that you thought the smell was coming from you all day!
That is a GREAT product review! Thumbs down for smelly pirate chapstick!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...