Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Monotony

When my brother was visiting with us (so sad that he is gone!) he said he thought my life is rather “monotonous” and on the verge of being boring and quite repetitive. Today has been not so normal - having a little guy with the flu - and I am craving monotony, or normalcy as I call it!

Here are ten things I do everyday – they are also ten things that make me chuckle and feel lucky to have the life I do.

1. Change diapers and sing the diapee song several times a day.
2. Nurse my baby and make goo goo eyes and smiles at him when he stops to look up at me.
3. Engage in either a sword fight or lightsaber battle with my boys.
4. Sweep the floor. This is when I holler to everyone to leave the floor premises and the nasty mean witch gets to be alone for a bit. Typically for a few minutes after every meal.
5. Read. Mostly to children.
6. Kiss my husband…
7. Make my daughter’s lunch (or supervise her making her lunch) and write her lunch love note.
8. Make dinner for my (mostly grateful) family.
9. Read scriptures and pray. I pray a lot.
10. Laundry. Laundry. Laundry.

8 comments:

Kendra said...

gee, we have a lot in common. our lives are good, are they not?!:)

Kendra said...

make that *great*!

Rachel said...

I'm impressed by your gingerbread houses1 What fun times!

I think your life sounds fabulous! There are many women who would kill to be able to change diapers or nurse their very own baby! Call ourselves LUKCY and BLESSED! ANd I know you know this...you're an incredible mom!

Anonymous said...

Being a full-time Homemaker is the Greatest (and hardest!) job! So glad you are enjoying(most of the time) this stage, as it will pass and be gone ever so quickly. With most of you gone I only get to sweep my floors once a week!!!

Michelle said...

great post, renee! i think any mom who can keep up a monotonous routine & still love her life is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Is that the brother who was in the accident? Hopefully everything's fine now with him.

Anne Marie said...

Love the list. You are definitely a lucky woman! HOpe your little guy feels better soon.

singin'mama said...

I would like to beg to differ with that brother of yours. I find my days are everything but monotonous! I mean seriously! The adventures that unmarried with no childred have are unequaled to that of a mother! Okay, I guess there are a few things... How is he doing by the way?

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...