Thursday, November 29, 2007

Wounded Little Squirrel

Little E bit the sidewalk yesterday. Poor guy – it really looks much worse in person and I don’t think he will ever heal since he just won’t leave his wounds alone (or the attempt at bandaids to cover the wounds!)

Little E had the hardest time on our trip since he thrives on routine and is such a homebody. I think what he missed the most was all of his dress-up clothes, but he has really over-compensated for the lack since being home… he must change his outfit about 30 times each day. His favourite is “army” anything. Today he went to Joy School wearing “army” underwear, “army” socks, “army” pants and an “army” backpack. He is also very much into Alladin lately, and what used to be a pirate vest has now become the Alladin vest. When I talk to him he’ll reprimand me for calling him his name and insist, “I’m Alladin” as he carries his little stuffed moneky, now Abou, with him everywhere!

We took out our wooden shoes to celebrate Dutch St. Nicholas next week, and he has taken to wearing a pair constantly. I hear him clip clopping all over the place, but they are really comfortable for him! (This is so strange to me since this is the boy who needs all of his tags removed and has so many clothing issues in general!) So here is who I live with; isn’t he cute regardless?! It is a blessing and a curse to have kids who can dress themselves -at least I still have a baby I can dress up!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Yikes. Are you sure he wasn't attacked by a squirrel? That's so funny about the dressing up and stuff. He must just be one of those kids who is texture sensitive. Well at least there will be no boring days at your house with that cutie around.

Net said...

That's true, it does look worse in person. I agree, it is a blessing and a curse when they learn to dress themselves. Loved the Army outfit yesterday!

Kristy said...

Poor squirrel! He'll heal before you know it, and laugh at his pictures someday.

Rachel said...

Playing catch up...
As far as your "thanksgiving" trip goes, Wow! Look who's supermom now!!! What a trip! Love all the pictures! That green house sounds awesome!

Poor little man! I always tell my boys it makes them look tough. It's funny becuase when Kate kissed the pavement a week ago when getting our Christms Tree, I felt so sad for her little face. I had a DIFFERENT thought process than when the boys do it! Dang stereotyping!

Cute little Army/Alladin man!

Amy said...

Its been so long since I have been on your site! It is so cute. I had so much to catch up on! Sound slike you had a fun road trip and trip home, you guys look great in the pictures! How cute that Julia didn't know what an autograph was and your poor little boys face! My girls would sure love to play dress up with him.
Miss you!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...