Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Grateful

If last week didn’t totally kick my to-do list’s butt… this week certainly has! I’m sick. The common cold is definitely a common enemy. I feel like a wimp, but I am seriously aching all over due to this silly cold. Amidst feeling like I’ve been hit by a truck, the thunderstorm going on in my head and the snot rockets coming out of my nose, I’ve been feeling a huge sense of gratitude for all of the blessings in my life. Here are just a few.

Mr. T has been on a new medicine which he has taken every six hours for the last two months. The effort has been, well, an effort, but it appears to be paying off. So far (knock on wood) this has been the first month in over two years that he hasn’t had his week-long high fever. I am so grateful. It appears we are going to have to do some drastic and painful reconstruction on his right foot (with the extra bone), and having one less ailment will be such a blessing for him and for us.

I’m pretty much done all my Christmas shopping (just two more things and Mr. Man’s gift to go). I know you’re jealous. I’m grateful.

Big J decided she wants to do build-a-bear workshop for her birthday (December 20th) instead of having a big party. I’m grateful.

Mr. Man’s research is really starting to show some results. And he’s really happy. I’m so grateful for him.

Having four kids is the most difficult thing I have ever done. But I’m grateful for my baby’s smiles (he is such a flirt) and my children’s laughter… this is what enables me to still smile even when I lock myself out of my house!

We’re getting ready to go out of town for the next week and a half. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate packing?! Anyways, I’m grateful that while we’re gone I won’t have to clean my house, cook every meal, carpool constantly or cry to my mom on the phone – I’ll be at her house for most of the time!

So amidst all that life hands us… remember to be grateful.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Have a great vacation! It's fun to read all the things you're thankful for. It makes me stop to count my blessings also. Thanks for sharing!

Dana and ohana said...

I'm sock too! ugh. Hope you are feeling better and bck to new before your vacation

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...