Friday, November 09, 2007

I Should just laugh...


I broke down tonight after a long day of "getting dones" and making even more lists of "to-do's". There just never seems to be enough time and money around this season, and I'm starting to feel worn out just thinking about all the things I should be doing. I admit to using blogging (reading your blogs, and writing mine) as an "escape". None of you seem to have updated today, and so in an attempt to "escape" all my shoulds, I googled my name and "should".


Here, apparently, is what I "should" be doing (these are just some of my favourites!):


*Renee should go home she complains too much really

*Renee should have won

*Renee should write a book

*Renee should keep her job

*Renee should just concentrate

*Renee should have her privacy respected

*Renee should survive

*Renee should follow her heart and try what she would like to try

*Renee should know what to do

*Renee should have been in the top two

*Renee should be accepted as a student

*Renee should know that too

*Renee should be the most mature because she is a mother

*Renee should move

*Renee should be wearing earrings with this ensemble

*Renee should have given him a much harder time

*Renee should use SPF 30 daily with a gentle milk cleanser and avoid all forms of exfoliation

*Renée should remain mistress of her fortune and I master of mine

*Renee should keep that weight on

*Renee should stick to her blonde look which made her famous

*Renee should have been a hippy

*Renee should be applauded


It was worth a laugh!

8 comments:

Kendra said...

Oh man I wish I'd known, I bet Caleb being there today just sent you over the top! I know what you mean though....this time of year especially the stress of time and money start to get me too. It get so overwhelming at times! Let me know if I can help though! Like, don't let my kid in your house to only cause more troubles than you need! Send them this way(after nap time):)!

Kristy said...

I love the new blog look! Thanks for the fun post. I also enjoy to-do lists; they make me feel organized, even if I don't cross anything off the list. Great pic of you two!

Dana and ohana said...

You are so funny. With all those should's aren't you glad you got something done today?

Michelle said...

renee - i love your new template! and i definitely enjoyed reading your musings on motherhood and "shoulds." you are not alone on feeling the pressures of the season, my friend...this was a great way to laugh about it! you're awesome!

singin'mama said...

I love that picture of you and Greg! I personally go absolutely insane almost everyday because I'm so behind all the time. You can always find peace in knowing that you are always more on top of things than many women I know. Especially me! Amazing person that you are!

Laurie said...

Funny stuff! Good thing the internet doesn't get to make your "to-do" list! I love the picture with your husband. Your happiness is contagious! Thanks for sharing!

Anne Marie said...

What a beautiful picture of you and Greg!!! Very cute post.

Rachel said...

I'm with Anne Marie! A very nice photo of the two of you! There will always be "things to do"! Just make sure you are doing things you WANT to do, as well!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...