Thursday, November 15, 2007

What's on your kids' Christmas list?

I think my daughter is going to be really disappointed when she finds out she can’t be a cub scout. Mr. Man has been Cub Master for about four years now and the kids have thoroughly enjoyed attending as many “scub scout” family activities as they can! Big J especially. She loves all those boys, but she can keep up with them too! A few Saturdays ago our family went out for donuts (I have a new weakness for donuts) and then proceeded to the Cub Scout Space Derby. So much fun! Though I have to say, I think the rocket-making is more for the dads than the boys. Then again, so is the launching. I overheard one dad say his son couldn’t wait to grow up so he could make his own rocket. So anyways it was a fun morning. They also had this cool contraption that for the life of me I can’t remember the name of… intergalactic moon battle… I don’t know… I suppose I could make up anything and you wouldn’t know the difference, but it was a fun name and I’m distressed that I don’t remember it.


Basically you balance yourself on this wooden thing and try to push your opponent off with a sort of elongated toilet plunger. Big J took on many a boy and was actually pretty good – until the nose incident – but then she got right back on to show them it take more than a bloody nose to get her out of the game. The boys (my little boys) got in on it too, and they were the only ones Big J let win! My point is, this is what my kids want for Christmas! I’m pretty sure we could whip this thing up, but I’m also positive that there would be many injuries and perhaps even possible lawsuits if we did! Maybe in a couple of years when I haven’t had to confiscate any swords or lightsabers for at least a day – will that day ever come?

8 comments:

Kendra said...

oh man don't get me started on my dislike for the whole scouts program ... i pretty much think it's crap (sorry, virgin ears) and can't believe my husband is the scout master and I have two boys! Anyways, thats a funny idea for a gift, julia is great. We don't have any super ideas but things the kids will like(i hope). I hear they have cool colored bubble wrap at the post office...;);)

Kendra said...

oh yeah, where's the best donut place in town? I keep wanting to go to the square donut place but my hips tell me "NO!"

libbie said...

I can totally relate to the weakness for donut thing you got going on!

Jodie said...

That last picture is PRICELESS!!

Laurie said...

Hey Renee, I had to go private on my blog. If you want to email my your email address, I'll add you to the viewing list. limencl@yahoo.com
You don't have to if you don't want to though. I just didn't want you to think I was being rude.

Anne Marie said...

I love these pictures! I love Big J's fiesty spirit. What a great personality!

Rachel said...

What a rad girl! Nurture that spunk in her! Loving the pictures!

Missy said...

So fun! Yeah, Conan would be all over that. Um, I mean Neils. Yeah, it would be nice if we didn't have to confiscate weapons daily. And we don't even own any "official" ones. What is it with boys? Big J is so awesome! Go Girl! Love the pictures.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...