Monday, November 05, 2007

The Squirrel Face

We did family pictures on Friday. Always an ordeal with a family consisting of at least one child! We did manage to pull it off and the results are definitely frame-worthy! At one point, in an attempt to get Little E to smile, I started singing one of his favorite little songs from Joy School:

“Grey squirrel, grey squirrel, shake your bushy tail.
Grey squirrel, grey squirrel, shake your bushy tail.
Wrinkle up your funny nose,
Hide a nut between your toes.
Grey squirrel, grey squirrel, shake your bushy tail.”
I’m sure you can all imagine the cute little actions that correspond with the lyrics; the combination of which always results in laughs and big smiles from both me and my little guy. Instead we got this:

“The squirrel face”!

This one won’t be going up on the wall, but will definitely have a place in an album with a fun story and memory.

Note: "The squirrel face" can now be done on demand!

5 comments:

Dana and ohana said...

We use to sing that song to my sister and brother all the time when they were little! I haven't heard that in years! I love the face!

Lily said...

How are you finding Joy School? I thought about trying it out. Love the slide shows. Chicago looks amazing- that is one city I want to visit someday. I felt all nostalgic thing of you back in Southern Alberta. Congrats to your handsome brother and his beautiful bride.

Rachel said...

What cute shirts! Can't wait to see the FINAL product! That has got to be the cutest little squirrel I have ever seen!

Anonymous said...

WOW, such a beautiful new profile photo!!!!! Can't believe you're a Mother of four, including a cute squirrel.

Michelle said...

i am so glad you posted the words to "grey squirrel!" parker keeps singing it (learned it at preschool), but i could never figure out exactly what he was saying!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...