Saturday, October 13, 2007

"It's not about winning"

I can't count how many times I heard parents uttering that statement at Big J's soccer tournament today. Apparently "winning" must be on somebody's mind! Big J's team didn't win -thus no cookies or medals in the end, and were pretty much torn to pieces (especially as an all girls team playing an all boys team), but they had fun. Big J played great defense and I especially enjoyed her little dances as she cheered on every minute success her teamates had! (It was usually at these moments the ball flew right past her, but hey, it's not about winning!)

(They call her "speed")
(Baby J bundled up in the cold)
(I really think soccer is more about half-time and the snacks for this girl!)
(This is the neatest invention - the ball bounces back to him each time, from one foot to the next! I think I may get one to attach to HIM!)

1 comment:

Anne Marie said...

What a cute girl! I love how she cheered for every little thing.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...