Monday, October 29, 2007

Starting Out on a Journey

I travelled back in time last week. Back to the small town in Alberta where I went to school my freshman year, and back to the time when Mr. Man and I didn't call each other "Mommy" and "Daddy." It was an enjoyable trip, but I'm glad to be home too!
I have to admit to being a bit stressed about flying with my baby. I’ve never flown with a baby before and I expected the worst – apparently there are pros to being a pessimist; I’m easily impressed. I think I enjoyed flying with a baby more than I enjoy flying solo! I had so much help, people were overly friendly and initiated all the awkward travelling conversations (which I usually hate) and were based pretty much on the baby (sigh of relief), and I basically got whatever I asked for. He was a great traveler, and despite a few little mishaps that really aren’t worth mentioning, we had an enjoyable journey. Long, but fine.

I’m committed to keeping this blog mostly about myself and MY family and try to make as little mention as possible of my extended family – it seems like you ALL read this, and if I mention you some of you get offended, if I don’t others do… yada yada, I don’t need any more family drama than there already is, so I just pretend you don’t exist – in my blogging world that is! Anyways, my point is that I’m going to keep it brief, but must mention how much I thoroughly enjoyed seeing all my family. I have a great family, I really do. The trip was really much too short and I had so much fun with my sisters, my brothers, my cousins, Uncle and Aunt, nieces and in-laws! On a better commitment topic, I’m re-committed to planning our family reunion! We do love to have a good time! I did miss seeing Oma – as she was in the hospital having her appendix removed and I had a rather sick baby for the day I was there.

My sister's baby girl!

Everyone needs an "Uncle Max"! My other kids were disappointed not to have seen him and heard his Donald Duck voice! He was the one who could get my sick baby to calm down just a bit!

The wedding was beautiful. My brother and his bride were gorgeous and so in love.
I ached to have my sweetheart by my side as I watched their union take place. I was brought back to when Mr. Man and I sealed our love together and were married for time and all eternity almost eight years ago. How time flies. All the memories of those first few years swarmed my mind as I watched my brother entering that completely new realm of marriage. While those times are sweet times to look back on, I’m also grateful to be where I am in this journey of love. Eight years has its benefits!
My brother has married into a large, energetic, and may I say “crazy” family! I’m sure he’s going to have a lot of fun. I’m curious how our family appears to hers. Oh well. My new sister-in-law is a sweetheart, and I’m anxious to get to know her better. I’m very happy for their happiness.


Coming home has been busy, but my husband made it so worthwhile – he completely cleaned my whole house and our vehicles (he even cleaned the bathrooms!!!) I guess that’s what eight years and four kids will do for you… I’ll take a clean house and a backrub over a diamond ring any day!

Here's to my brother and his bride starting out on their journey!


4 comments:

The Wilsons said...

What a wonderful trip (and homecoming!)!! I loved the pictures and your commentary. My little bro just got married this summer, and this brings back the memories! Such a wonderful time, to see them starting off on their journey into eternity. Beautiful!

Anne Marie said...

What a beautiful couple! I love weddings! I loved reading your thoughts about the trip and the wedding. As much as I miss the free time we had together as newlyweds, I really have to say marriage has only gotten better through the years.

singin'mama said...

You look beautiful Renee! I'm happy for your brother, she seems nice. Traveling is never fun with kids, but I find it's always worth it to reconnect with loved ones. Glad you're home safe. And yes, you do have a pretty awesome Mr. Man!

Anonymous said...

I'm so thrilled that you had a great time, Renee. It was really nice to meet you (finally!) and you're just as wonderful in person as I've heard!! Those are some great pictures of the wedding, too! Thanks for taking them! Thank you so much for making the effort to be at the wedding. It means SO MUCH to Andrew and I and it was amazing to have you there. :)

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...