Monday, October 01, 2007

Autumn who?

Reading a book with Mr. T...

Mom: "... Autumn is coming -"
Mr. T: "Autumn, who's Autumn?"
Mom: "Autumn is another word for 'fall'."
Mr. T: "Fall? Oh. Who's Autumn?"
Mom: "Autumn is the season, not a person. The season where all the leaves change colour and fall off the trees... the season we're in right now."
Mr. T: "Oh. Keep reading. I think I like Autumn."
Mom: "... and that's how we know that Autumn is here -"
Mr. T: "Where is he?"
Mom: "Who?"
Mr. T: "Where's Autumn? Are they going to show a picture of HIM?"

Oh for heaven's sake.

8 comments:

Ally said...

Boy, that happens to me a lot. I finally just say, "Ah forget it!". They are too funny.

Net said...

We are having the same problem at our house.

Anne Marie said...

Why is fall the only season with two names? I agree, it is very confusing.

Dana and ohana said...

THe kids were convinced we were going to see Attle, a friend. They were thrilled. When it turned out to be Seattle it was mass confusion. Gotta love 'em.

Michelle said...

what a funny guy!

Rachel said...

Exhausting! Been there many, many times...I think daily.

Kendra said...

I'm laughing! Sounds so familiar! I love the "Attle" friend...thats great!

Amy said...

Hahahahaha! That sounds like so many of my conversations!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...