Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My Daughter

I never imagined that I would be so surrounded by boys! While I adore the excitement and adventure these boys bring into my life, I am also eternally grateful that I have my daughter. She is, however, quite a character herself.

Some of you may have received one of her sales calls as of late. Her school had brainwashed her into thinking that it was vital that she participate in the school fundraiser - she honestly believed the school was completely out of money, and even offered to bring some of her old clothes and toys in for them to sell to make money! Anyways, I have issues with kids selling things, but with the desperation in her eyes, I told her a few people (particularly Grandmas!) she could call and try to sucker into buying these fabulous products they sell these days (note tone of last sentence as sarcastic). I cannot believe her ability at sales. There was never a , "do you want to buy" or "would you like to..." The whole time Big J shared her excitement over the items and would intermittently ask, "Which one are you going to get?" There was never any choice in the matter, and everyone bought at least two items - one for themselves, and one for the overly enthusiastic salesgirl! I have to admit, I was very impressed with her - she definately does not get that confidence from me!

I love how imaginative this girl is too! She is a creative queen and very driven. She is often creating and handing out invitations to all sorts of events that she has co-ordinated. From performing plays, planning parties and most recently - putting on a scavenger hunt! My daughter is always busy filling her life with more social events than I have time to encourage her in! And she is such a light in the the lives of all who know her. Last Friday was her "scavenger hunt" which she had been "planning" all week. We will actually be having "part two" at another date with some friends who couldn't make it! The kids had a great time, and there were ten kids between the three moms who came!
(Note the rock that Mr. T attempted to use as a skipping stone in the picture!)



Basically I've been very proud of who my daughter is, and am excited to see who she becomes as she continues to grow up and bless the lives of those around her - especially mine!

6 comments:

Kristy said...

That is sweet! I love all the pictures, and you are looking great.

I adore J's self-portrait.

libbie said...

I can't believe how grown up she is . . . seems like just yesterday, a brand new baby! And I am a sucker for kids selling things, I will buy whatever it is cause I cannot say no to the cuties. Sometimes, if they are selling candy, that I don't want, I just give them the money and tell them to sell the candy to someone else. . . . I would probably be rich if I would quit doing this . . . . oh . . . probably not!

singin'mama said...

Quite the entrepeneur! She's got good skills that one. I wouldn't be too worried about her participating. It gets that entrepeneur mind going and maybe you can get her to do her own project. There's alot she can learn from doing it. After all, she does have an economist for a father. But, you know me, always entrepeneur minded! She sure is growing up to be quite the little lady. Make sure to tell her I said so.

Anne Marie said...

I love the self-portrait. That is a total classic. You are very lucky to have her in your life, and she is very lucky to have you for her mama.

Lori said...

I think you and I might need to exchange notes sometime about our girls. Ava is so smart and yet so "into everything". I don't want to squelch her personality but at the same time I don't want to let her run wild. I agree these kids are special though!

Amy said...

Sweet little Julia, who I don't know at all but will always feel a special connection to. Those pictures are so pretty and I am inspired to have my ownnature scavenger hunt! How fun!

On another note, have you seen stephanie Meyer's website? It has a chapter from Twilight written from Edward's perspective. Ceck it out if you haven't already.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...