Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Turning Four!

A little before 6am this morning I heard little feet, happy feet, tip toeing down the stairs and then back into our bedroom where their owner exclaimed, “I’m taller now! I’m four now! It’s time to go open my presents!” We cuddled and kidded until about 6:30 when we could no longer put off the inevitable. Look how delighted this little boy is to be up bright and early enjoying his special day! And he was so sweet too – thanking each giver for his gift and taking the time to enjoy the scribbles on the card especially made for him by his little brother.

I think he had a really special day. He started it with gifts, and then a breakfast of his choosing – fruit loops! By 8:30 he was watching Star Wars and lounging in his pjs acting out his favourite scenes with his siblings until close to lunch (homemade egg mcmuffins). This afternoon he had a couple of friends over and the play continued close to dinner time – which he also selected: RIBS, pierogies and green beans! We got a little cake from the grocery store since we’ll have his party at another date (combined with Little E) and we also are bringing pirate cupcakes into preschool tomorrow, and frankly I despise making cute little birthday cakes. A special present came just on time in the mail today… and all in all it’s been a great day for my little guy!
This evening after dinner he joined his sister, Dad and the cub scouts on a caving adventure. It is freezing outside and there are even some flurries (after a fabulous few weeks of spring it is devastatingly cold) but I pulled out their winter gear, and I’m sure he’ll enjoy wearing his caving helmet and being with the cub scouts!
So now I have a month where I won’t seem like a crazy woman… you see for one whole month I will have a 6 year old, a 4 year old and a 2 year old… no more of that year apart craziness when people ask how old my kids are… at least for a month! Little E has decided that four looks like a lot more fun and so has decided to skip turning three and be four like his big brother – so it looks like I may be acquiring twins!



(I love these pictures of the boys playing with their two good friends! The dialogue was ever so entertaining and I was beside myself with laughter listening to their star wars/batman/Princess Lydia storyline! As you can see they played with every toy in the house, but in the meanwhile I cleaned both my bathrooms! Yeah for friends!)
PS - I'm saving the sappy, "I can't believe my baby boy is four" entry for my journal's eyes only!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

What a FUN DAY for the birthday boy!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos...and looks like the day was filled with lotsa fun and laughter...and well for some more of the fun and laughter do drop by my blog on Birthday Celebrations and enjoy all that i've posted there..i'm sure you'll enjoy your visit!!

Anne Marie said...

He looks so cute! Glad to hear that he had a fun day. I can't believe he's four. I remember meeting him when he was just a little baby.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...