Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Thinking Outside the Box!

Having had my super powers taken away from me for the time being, I've had to do a lot of creative thinking when it comes to almost every aspect of my life. From fun activities to do with the kids, encouraging them to help out with mundane aspects around the house, and what to do with the numerous people who are offering more help than I know what to do with! It keeps me off my toes!

We've used a LOT of paper products lately... as Mr. Man can attest with the loads of trash he is suddenly having to carry out at any given moment! However, the kids are always thirsty and I always have them get their own drinks of water - but they grab a new cup each time!!! I found this great invention... what do you think? Before I order it (yeah it's only $3 but add the shipping and handling...) I'm curious if any of you have seen this in a regular store - say Walmart or Lowes? Let me know. I think this may curb our cup habit, and it's pretty darn cute too!

8 comments:

Dana and ohana said...

I love these. We have one in the kitchen and in the bathroom. It works like a charm and the kids absolutley love it. I purchased mine online and it saved the hassel of having to find it elsewhere.

Net said...

I think this is a great idea. Let me know if you order, I think I would like to try one as well. We could split the shipping cost.

Lori said...

Looks pretty cool to me. I imagine it'll be messy at first until the novelty wears off but looks like a way to wash fewer cups!

Rachel said...

How cool! I have never seen that before, nut think I will have to try it!

Rachel said...

I mean but, not nut (HA!)

Lily said...

What a great idea.
PS- to be optimistic,
Bonus of this bed rest is that everyone will be more self-sufficient eh!

My Many Coloured Days said...

Alright I'm going to order. I'll order one for you too Lynnette. It's definately worth a try... glad it's worked for you Dana, I'll let you all know how this one rates when it comes!

Anne Marie said...

Looks very cool!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...