Monday, April 23, 2007

Monster Baby



Venting creative energy is what my daughter is all about these days... sometimes it is productive and other times not so much. Today she came home from school with this picture. It really looked like a picture a certain boy in her class would have drawn (since he draws spooky pictures for her constantly - a strange sort of crush I presume). But no, this is her art work. She calls it "Monster Baby". He is our new baby, long sharp nails and all... and apparently he is MEAN! I'm not quite sure what to think of this. I suppose it goes hand in hand with this lovely depiction of me... I'm quite sick with the chicken pox and green skin growing on my feet and face and yet the title merely reads, in kindergarten scribe, "Tired". Any psychologists out there who wish to tell me what to make of these lovely art pieces which I hang so proudly on my wall?




3 comments:

Rachel said...

This so made me laugh! I love it when kids reveal their creativity through art...once again it leads me to conclude...what goes through their little heads? It's great!

Anne Marie said...

Very funny! Kids think of the darndest things.

Topher said...

I knew you were having a boy, but I didn't know he'd look like a skinny sumo wrestler (with almond eyes and a sumo mawashi (the belt diaper thing)).

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...