Thursday, April 26, 2007

letting my fingers do the shopping

Keeping my leg up for almost two weeks has brought bounteous blessings from those around us. It has also, apparently, saved us money! I don't enjoy shopping, but in all honestly I suppose I do engage in the activity. With the month's end approaching I was punching in all our receipts and checking how our monthly budget is doing. Usually at the end of the month we have absolutely NO money or are in the hole a good $100. This month is proving quite differently... with just a week to go we still have just over $100 to our name! Can you believe?! I'm a little embarrassed, to say the least, and presumed that Mr. Man just had a STACK of receipts hiding in a pocket somewhere. Not so. We really ARE going to be saving money this summer! However, I did recently find some adorable things online for mothers day (sorry, Mom, I can't post it till after the fact) and I'm starting to enjoy surfing the internet for fun scrapbooking supplies and toys for Little E's upcoming birthday - so the tide may turn! How much money do you think you would save without leaving the house for two weeks?

4 comments:

Ally said...

Several hundred, probably! Hi, My name is Ally and I am a shopaholic!

Rachel said...

I'm embarrassed to say I spend a little too much, as well. I should experiment with this one and see how much money I'd save in a week by avoiding Target...probably too much to confess!

Topher said...

Since you have some couch time, you might enjoy reading Not Buying It: My Year Without Shopping by Judith Levine. Jenny and I both read it last year and it was pretty interesting. It's about a lady who chronicles her year of not buying anything but the basics.

Anne Marie said...

I'm afraid I find Target therapeutic for breaking up the sameness of my day. So I know I'm not doing as well as I should with money, but as a stay-at-home mom, shopping is an easy diversion...still one that needs to be controlled. So enjoy the money you're saving now.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...