Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Just Monkeying Around!





Yesterday I had a rare oppourtunity to spend ALL morning with just my little monkey! Big J had a morning field trip, Mr. T was at preschool, and Little E stayed in his monkey costume with me at home! I had great visions of us spending our morning cuddled up together (he really is quite cuddly in this costume) on one of the beds reading books for hours together. That lasted about five minutes. Little E wanted to "play Star Wars" with me... and I can honestly admit I tried my best, but it didn't take long for me to be eternally grateful for having my two little boys so close together (since they can play together so well) and start suggesting other activities! It was strange, and I had to rack my brain for "what did I used to do with just one child?" things. But we enjoyed our time pulling out the music box and playing games... and lots and lots of star wars. I even attempted a nap... but apparently that is no easier with one child than three! Isn't he adorable?! I still can't believe my baby is growing up (into a monkey nonetheless) and will soon be a big brother!

6 comments:

libbie said...

Cute . . . Youre looking good to Rene! I think you must be a fun mom . . . . I have to make such an effort to play with my kids . . .. It always seems like I have too much to do . . . I feel so guilty cause I just need to relax and forget about all the things I need and focus more on my kids needs. . . . .

Rachel said...

Sweet costume!
What a cute picture of the two of you...it captures the moment so perfectly! You are such an attentive, caring, fun mom!!!
I could learn a thing or two from you!
I was able to take my three boys (Kate was home with Brian) out to spend their allowance this evening, and it was so fun to have that time with just the three boys! Gotta love those moments...they're precious!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous picture of you with your monkey--you need to print that one!

Anne Marie said...

I love that picture of the two of you! What a great way to spend the morning!

Anonymous said...

A little side note: he actually wore his monkey outfit to go pick up his big sister from school.

Michelle said...

these are darling, renee. what a great memory.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...