Friday, March 02, 2007

“I looked out the window and what did I see…”

Maybe it’s my attitude, or the fact that there’s still a block of frozen ice in the middle of my backyard, but when I read this post I felt extreme jealousy and a sense of spring never arriving where I live. Why is it taking so long? I decided to look out my kitchen window in search for some inspiring thought of warmth. It was difficult. My windows are filthy. Not just “after a long winter and ready for spring cleaning” filthy, but “the boys were outside playing in the mud and somehow it splashed all the way up to my window” filthy. Disgusting really. Beyond the grime the small forest behind our backyard seemed to be mocking me. The- what seems like 50 mile per hour -wind was blowing those evergreens every which way in a tone of laughter, and I could almost hear their snide remarks as they wag their fingers, I mean branches, at me. The weather man says we’re expecting snow this weekend. I’m not feeling very Canadian right now and could really use some fresh air, long walks and playground reprieve. Thankfully I opened my window and was met with the chatter of little birds. If they can brave this never-ending chill, perhaps I can too.

2 comments:

LollyGirl said...

hey, what a fun surprise! I am sorry that spring isn't springing for you yet. I'm sure I wouldn't do well with any longer winters. I really appreciate the sunshine and hope it comes your way sooner than later!!

Michelle said...

this is when you need to have a beach party with your kids - in your living room! or check out videos about hawaii from the library and sip pina coladas! hope the sun gets to you soon!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...