Friday, March 23, 2007

Dress-Up

Gone are the days of flowing princess gowns, crowns, little red riding hood capes and hoochie mama shoes worn by my little girl.

Enter instead Prince Eric, David and Goliath, Ammon, Superman, Batman, Bob the Builder, Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader… oh and Princess Leia.

Overheard:
Mr. T: “I’m Luke Skywalker, [Little E] is Darth Vader and [Big J] is Princess Leia.”
Little E: “NOOOOOOO! I’m Princess Leia!”
Mr. T: “You can’t be Princess Leia, [Big J] is Princess Leia.”
Little E: “There’s 2 Princess Leia’s! I’m Princess Leia!”


Our little neighbor: “Um, you have a problem. [Little E] keeps saying he’s Princess Leia.”
Me: “I know it’s a problem, but he can be whoever he wants to be.”

So all in all our world is now comprised of swords and lightsabers, capes and hard hats… I love this new world of dress-up, but I won’t trade my little princess for any of it!
(Here the boys are as batman and superman heading up to bed. This is typical, and usually there is a third piled on top too! Also, Little E looks so exhausted here - I love it!)

2 comments:

Anne Marie said...

You've really encouraged your kids' imaginations. That is so cool.

Rachel said...

I love it! Cute pictures!

My world is going to be shifting the other way in a few years! Our dress up box is filled with all-things-boy, and I can't hardly wait to fill it with pink! There's no doubt Kate will play with boy toys...I want her exposed to both worlds...but I am excited for princess things, too!

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...