Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Grateful

Sunday night our good friends invited us over for dinner and games. After dinner the games didn’t begin… but the fun sure did. I practically passed out, then politely threw up a couple of times before relinquishing back home to my bed for the next 24 hours with a horrible migraine. I was sorely embarrassed, but mostly in complete agony. My wonderful friend came Monday to feed my kids lunch and then steal them for the afternoon so I could continue my attempt to avoid motion, light and sound. You know who you are, and I am light years away from ever knowing how to repay such kindness: thank you. My heart is full of love and thanks to so many people who have helped me through all the hard days and moments in my life. Truly the Lord works through each of us to bless the lives of those around us.

Yesterday I awoke to a slight headache, but the ability to move, shower and take care of my kids all by myself. Each moment of the day felt like a miracle and I found myself uttering numerous prayers of thanksgiving to my Heavenly Father for the blessings of being healthy again. Today as I surrender to the awfulness of nausea and fatigue, I remember the complete inability that I succumbed to the other day, and I feel better already. Pregnancy is rough, but being a woman surrounded by other women (and a fabulous husband) is always rewarding. Remember to be grateful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being far away--I add my gratitude for your wonderful husband and dear friends that surround you!

Rachel said...

Oh, my heart goes out to you! How wonderful to have good friends around you! Hang in there...hope things look up very soon!

Anne Marie said...

That sounds so hard. Migraines are the WORST! I hope you're feeling better soon.

Balancing & Blogging

I've come to the conclusion that balance in life is only attained when one limits the extent and experiences of ones life. Maybe not.  P...